Friday, January 29, 2010

Adventures of a short vacation pt. 1

We started off this morning with the best of intentions.  Wanting to leave by 9. As most of you with kids know, especially those with nursing babies, you are rarely fully in-charge of your own schedule. We left the house about 45 minutes later than we intended.  I would complain but this is actually because Jellybean decided to sleep later than his normal 7 am.  I won't complain about getting extra sleep. Not now, not ever. Especially since everyone in our house has been sick (i.e. me and the boys) and there has been little sleep the last few weeks.

Ok, we were off. Jellybean fell asleep instantly, YEA!! Monkey decided to talk to us for a while, pointing out every car, truck and train that we passed. I do mean every single one! He also was pretending to hide by covering his eyes.  This is a recently new game for him. He is amazing at it, he will cover his eyes for the longest time.  We have actually run out of things to say waiting for him to "appear".  Eventually he fell asleep too. Blessed quiet. Which preludes to my falling asleep too. Thankfully I was not the driver.

Both boys woke up just as we arrived at our home away from home, aka grandma and grandpa's house. We were instantly welcomed by the sweet* barks of little dogs. Once inside we are enveloped into the warm embrace of love and all things good.  We love being here.

Monkey helped grandma make cookies. All went well, with a slight exception of an egg incident, but we won't mention that. Jellybean sat on the floor, played, spit-up, cried, and played some more before it was nap time for him.

After much playing it was dinner time. Monkey has proven to be a little bit difficult at mealtimes lately. I guess that should be expected when you've been letting him eat anything he wants while he is sick just to get him to eat. After he finished, we let him sit with us at the table and eat one of the aforementioned cookies. Yum! He decided to "put it to bed" (tucking under into the place mat) and then wake it up. This was very funny when I was able to sneak it out from under the place mat without his noticing and he couldn't find it when he went to look for it.  He looked all around under the place mat and at each of us asking "where'd it go?" in his sweet little voice. It was the greatest puzzlement to him. I was laughing so hard I had tears running down my face.  I think he was even more surprised when it "re-appeared" out of nowhere.

Off to bed. The first night always takes the longest.  Can't wait to see what adventures await tomorrow.

*The sweetness wears off after a little while, especially when its nap time.

1 comment:

  1. Hi!

    I'm so glad you have a blog, keep writing!!


Swidget 1.0