Thursday, December 30, 2010

Child-like Ceativity

I was in the middle of packing the boys suitcases when I was pulled away because of a crying baby. I should have known better but I left the open suitcases on their dresser. As I was sitting in the couch comforting my littlest one I noticed something out of the corner of my eye.

What was it?

It was two piles of clothes being pushed around by two little boys and their now empty suitcases. I asked them what they were doing.

Any ideas??

They were pretending to be snowplows moving piles of snow. :)

I could have so easily been frustrated or angry(truth be told, I was a tiny bit before I found out their thinking) because it caused more work for me. But I want my boys to be creative. I don't want to stifle their imagination. I want them to be little boys. Far to often my expectations of them are unreasonable and not age-appropriate. I need to find balance in the craziness that is motherhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0