Tuesday, August 17, 2010

My Wonderful Husband

I started to write this a few weeks ago, before bed rest. I thought I should continue and post it. I absolutely love my husband.

I am so thankful for my husband. He is a wonderful man and a great father!

A few weeks ago I was feeling burnt out, overwhelmed, and exhausted. Honestly, not a lot of that has changed. However, my husband graciously offered to take the boys up to his parents for the weekend. How sweet. Although I would have loved for him to stay home with the boys and let me go somewhere fun but that is not an option for many reasons. Mainly the situation with the new baby(modified bed rest) but financially as well. Either way, I was thrilled about the idea of having time to myself.

A few weeks have gone by since Casey took the boys out of town. A few days after they got back I ended up on FULL bed rest. I had been thinking that modified bed rest was hard but it is nothing compared to full bed rest. And lets be honest, as a mom you think, "Hmm, bed rest doesn't sound so bad. You are able to lay down and get some much needed sleep and other people will take care of everything for you." It is not at all what it seems.  You are stuck either on the couch or in bed. You have to ask somebody to help with everything, including getting a drink of water. You are no longer able to hold your children. You start to feel like an outsider in your own home.

All that complaining aside, I am more than grateful for the help that I have gotten. We have had family and friends helping out. But more importantly and impressive to me, is that my husband has taken over so much of what goes on. He takes care of me. He makes sure that I am getting enough rest and that my stress level stays low. He loves our boys and makes sure all of their needs are met. He gives them baths (both at the same time!),  although he ends up being as wet as they are by the time it is done. He feeds them nutritious meals, without my lead. He read and plays and wrestles. It is so fun to watch.

I love him. I am learning a lot about him right now. I am thankful that God is giving me a fresh perspective on the man I call my husband.

1 comment:

  1. what a beautiful post! I hope he read it... I wish I was there to help!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Swidget 1.0