Thursday, April 21, 2011

What Is It?....... Continued




A few days ago a posted this picture and asked if anyone could guess what fun activity we did at our house. Well, you are about to find out. But first, a little side trip.




This sweet boy of mine shares one of my great passions in life, cooking! It is wonderful that he loves it so much.

However, I am rather neurotic in the kitchen and don't usually like to have others in there when I am working. In fact, I tend to be impatient, cranky and bossy when others are "in my way" in the kitchen. I am working on changing this and am slowly getting better. I want my boys to have a love for cooking that they can share. I want them to bless their future wives with this talent, in ways more than frozen pizza and macaroni and cheese.

All that being said, my boy shares one other of my slightly less than desirable passions, sweets. So, we decided to combine those to passions and make ICE CREAM!




We used our handy and easy to use Cuisinart ice cream maker.


And our Kitchen Aid hand mixer.



And the boy got to work mixing the ice cream base.



Poured the base into the duel ice cream maker, turn in on and 20 minutes later......



Wonderful, delicious homemade vanilla ice cream.

1 comment:

  1. I thought is was either ice cream or butter:) I know what you mean about wanting to be in the kitchen by yourself, I can be the same way!

    ReplyDelete

Swidget 1.0