Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A Delicious Little Bite

Over them past few months we have fallen in love with a fun and adorable dessert. It is one of the few words that Silas says clear as day,"Cakepops".

The first time I made them was for Corbins third birthday party. I wanted to try something new and didn't want to deal with the mess of cake. So, the cakepop was born(at least at our house, I do realize they have been on the scene for a while). Needless to say, they were a big hit. And virtually mess-free!

I have been making them for all sorts of events since then. People have said that I should sell them. Although I'm not entirely sure about that. I have seen them in some specialty shops for any where from $1.50-$3.50 a piece. I would love to make some money making them, but would people really pay me that much???

At any rate, I love making them. They are slightly time consuming but I love it. It's almost therapeutic for me. Since having kids, I haven't spent as much time cooking and baking. I'm thankful that I now get to do it on my terms and for fun but I wish I had more time to do it. I love being in the kitchen.

We were on vacation over Casey and Silas birthday and I knew that Si really wanted cakepops for his birthday. Any time you asked him what he wanted for his present he would only reply, "cakepop". I thought ahead and brought most of my supplies with us and was able to buy what I didn't bring. So, we had cakepops in Colorado. Even my non-dessert eating sister in law ate one, and perhaps liked it. Gasp!





Also, if anyone is interested in ordering cakepops, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0