Saturday, September 3, 2011

Thankfulness

Tonight, right now, I am thankful for this moment.

I am sitting in a dark room, sound machine and fan on. I am rocking my baby to sleep.

I am thankful for this time. This moment of solitude with him. For the quiet in the house.

I am thankful for a little boy to snuggle. For footie jammies resting on my leg. For a hot little head in the crook of my arm.

I am thankful for my husband giving me this moment. For taking the big boys outside to wrestle and have a camp fire. For the love he shows all of us.

I am thankful for the little fingers that are wrapped around my ring finger. For the wonderful surprise my baby has been.

Rollie, I never knew how much I wanted you until you were here, in my arms. You are part of Gods great plan for my life, even when I didn't know it. I have no idea of what you will be as a little boy, a young man, a husband and father but my prayer is that you will be a strong man of God. With unwavering faith, steadfast love, a kind spirit, and a generous heart. I am blessed to call you mine for this moment, but you will always be His.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0