Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Thankful for....day 2

As my day winds down and the house is quiet, I think about what I am thankful for. Lots of things really; three little boys, crazy chaos, lego pieces, matchbox cars, digger, snow clothes. These are all things that come to mind quickly. But what I am most thankful for at this moment, is the quiet. My boys are all sleeping. It is rare in this house that there is any quiet. Even when we are reading books they are bouncing off the walls, quite literally.

So now I sit in the dark living room in complete and utter silence thankful for all that went on today, even my parenting failures. I look forward to a busy day tomorrow with lots that needs to be accomplished. I will pray that God will give me the strength and the patience to handle what comes at me tomorrow. To work in my heart so that I speak with love instead of frustration and exasperation.

This life is only here for a moment. Let me learn to cherish it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0