Thursday, January 3, 2013

Thankful for....day 3

Well, the day started off quite wonderfully. The boys slept in until 7:05 am. Yes, that is sleeping in at our house. There was a long time where we were waking up at 5:30 every day. Now that is early, especially with boys as they are non-stop from the time they wake up to the time they fall asleep. Not to mention that they rarely stayed in bed through the night. Recently it has been getting better. Praise God!

Back to our day, we had a leisurely breakfast of peppermint stick Luna Bars. A household favorite. A little bit of MarbleWorks and getting dressed. Very little bickering or disagreement at this point. We then went to the bank, Costco, and stopped by daddy's work while we were out. He's doing a full remodel on a house and we wanted to see the before product. The boys loved it and helped pull wallpaper off the walls. I'm pretty sure they would have stayed all day if it would have been possible. We then went home for lunch and just as I was about to put Rollie down for his nap, I got a phone call. Grandma Mini wanted to know if we wanted to go to the Mall of America. Since the boys had been well-behaved I thought we could do go. Rollie might nap in the car, or not as the case may be.

We had a great time, went on rides and shopped at Legoland. The boys had great attitudes. Rollie by far loved the rides the most. He squealed with joy, threw his hands in the air with enthusiasm, and laughed with no limits. That face was worth it all. And that is what I am most thankful for.

Today, I am most thankful for the joy and laughter of my sweet Rollie. And I am so glad that I was able to capture some of his joy on video so that we can watch it over and over.

The rest of the day went a little down hill with a complete meltdown by all at the end of dinner and continued that was until they were all asleep. Today was mostly good. Tomorrow is a new day. Another day for me to try again to show love when I don't feel like it, compassion when I am cranky, and patients when I am impatient. Let me learn to love life like my baby, where the littlest things in life bring the greatest joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0